Monday, June 10, 2013 - Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Eastern Daylight Time
(Wait list full)
Sponsored in part by:
With Special Thanks to:
NG9-1-1 National Governance and Coordination Workshop
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) in partnership with the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Canada and the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) Canada are proud to host a two-day workshop designed to chart the future of Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) governance and coordination in Canada. This event strives to gather participants from a cross section of disciplines, industry, government and academia to work collaboratively on:
- recommending an appropriate governance and/or coordination structure to advance the NG9-1-1 agenda in Canada in an efficient, effective and objective manner;
- exploring potential funding mechanisms; and
- prioritizing the work needed to implement NG9-1-1 in Canada.
Who should attend:
- Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) providers;
- Tri-service responders, communicators and leaders;
- Emergency management and government officials from all levels of government;
- Industry members including, but not limited to, telecommunications providers; and,
- Academia and other interested researchers including S&T and R&D
Marriott Ottawa, 100 Kent Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5R7. CITIG Conference Rate of $149 plus taxes per night (Room block held until May 17, 2013). Please use the code "CITCITA" and call Direct Hotel Reservations: (613) 238-1122 , or Toll Free: 1-800-853-8463. To book on line, click on the following link:
$150 for Public Officials and $250 for Industry. Registration includes access to the Workshop on June 10 and 11, 2013, all Workshop materials, breakfast, lunch and access to Workshop material on our Web site. All sessions will be conducted in English.
We are dedicated to ensuring the event is accessible. To that end, we have introduced a discounted rate of $150 for the public sector participants, which includes all levels of government, NGOs, post-secondary institutions, and government agencies and crown corporations. If you think you qualify, register at the preferred rate. We will confirm your status. For further information, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please note that space at this Workshop is highly limited, so register early.
CITIG reserves the right to refuse admission, by refunding the workshop registration fee with no penalty, to ensure that any one organization or sector is not disproportionately represented. This event strives to gather participants from a cross-section of disciplines, industry (telecommunication, application, managed service and network service providers), government and academia. Every effort will be made to balance participants by sector and geographic location.