Download the draft agenda!
Eastern Ontario-Western Quebec Regional Interoperability Meeting on November 23 (NEW DATE)
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) with its valued partners are hosting a regional forum for those interested in furthering public safety interoperability in the Eastern Ontario-Western Quebec area and beyond. You are invited to join us in person on November 23, 2010.
Hosts: County of Renfrew and the Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG)
Location: Miramichi Lodge, 725 Pembroke St. W., Pembroke, Ontario
Goal: To improve public safety interoperability in the Eastern Ontario-Western Quebec area.
Morning Open Session
Time: 9:00 a.m. to noon
Invited: Any representative from public safety, responder or emergency management agencies, government, NGOs, industry and academia interested in furthering public safety communications interoperability.
- Increase awareness of the issue of public safety interoperability;
- Present information on some of the various interoperability programs and projects currently taking place regionally and in other parts of Canada;
- Outline the Call for Proposals by the Canadian Police Research Centre that MAY be of assistance to public safety officials in the area; and
- Obtain feedback from local participants about the current interoperability situation, opportunities for information-sharing and outline next steps.
- History of CITIG, Ongoing Projects/Call for Proposals
- Industry Canada and Spectrum Management in Canada
- Canadian Communications Interoperability Plan (CCIP)
- Regional Interoperability Case Study
- Current state of regional interoperability
- Round table regional update
A detailed agenda will be sent out to registered participants about a week before the event. Like in the past, there will be no cost to participants associated with the meeting itself (participants are responsible for travel and/or accommodation). There will be NO teleconference option at this event. Specific inquiries can be sent to CITIGteam@cprc.org.
Afternoon CITIG Planning Meeting -- Closed Session
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Invited: Public safety officials, responders, emergency management agencies, government, NGOs & academia are invited to stay for the afternoon session to focus on public safety interoperability planning at the inter-provincial and regional level. The meeting will take a detailed look at interoperability in the Eastern Ontario-Western Quebec area and feature facilitated sessions on collaboration on interoperability and on building a regional interoperability plan.
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) was created by the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs, Police Chiefs and Emergency Medical Services Chiefs of Canada to help improve public safety interoperability. This meeting is one of an ongoing series of regional workshops and ongoing research by the Canadian Police Research Centre (CPRC - http://www.css.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/cprc/index-eng.asp). CPRC is a part of the DRDC Centre for Security Science.
CITIG has been an integral part of creating the new Canadian Communications Interoperability Plan (CCIP) with our friends at Public Safety Canada (PS Canada) and is working with the Senior Officials Responsible for Emergency Management (SOREM), a Federal, Provincial and Territorial Committee, to move the CCIP forward.