Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Eastern Daylight Time
Government of Canada Building
Registration closed as of 8/30/2011 12:30:00 AM.
CITIG Northern Forum -- Iqaluit on August 30
Iqaluit Forum Agenda
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) with its valued partner -- the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) -- are hosting a regional forum for those interested in furthering public safety interoperability in the Iqaluit area and beyond. You are invited to join us in person on Tuesday, August 30, 2011. NOTE: Seating is limited - please register early to ensure your participation.
Location: The Government of Canada Building, 960 Federal Road, Iqaluit, Nunavut
Goal: To improve public safety interoperability in the Iqaluit area.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to noon
Invited: Any representative from public safety, responder or emergency management agencies, government, NGOs, utility, industry and academia interested in furthering public safety communications interoperability.
- Increase awareness of the issue of public safety interoperability;
- Present information on some of the various interoperability programs and projects currently taking place regionally, provincially and in other parts of Canada;
- Outline the Call for Proposals by the Canadian Police Research Centre that may be of assistance to public safety officials in the area; and
- Obtain feedback from local participants about the current interoperability situation, opportunities for information-sharing and outline next steps.
- History of CITIG, Ongoing Projects/Call for Proposals
- About the Canadian Police Research Centre (CPRC) and how it Harnesses Science and Technology for First Responders
- Industry Canada and Spectrum Management in Canada
- Public Safety Canada to discuss the Communications Interoperability Strategy for Canada and related initiatives
- The RCMP and the Challenges of Regional and National Interoperability
- Regional Interoperability Case Studies
- Round table regional update
A detailed agenda will be sent out to registered participants about a week before the event. Like in the past, there will be no cost to participants associated with the meeting itself (participants are responsible for travel and/or accommodation). There will be NO teleconference option at this event. Specific inquiries can be sent to CITIGteam@cprc.org.
Afternoon CITIG Planning Meeting
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Invited: Public safety officials, responders, emergency management agencies, government, utilities, NGOs & academia are invited to stay for the afternoon session to focus on public safety interoperability planning at the regional level. The meeting will take a detailed look at interoperability in the Iqaluit area and feature facilitated sessions on collaboration on interoperability and on building a regional interoperability plan.
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) was created by the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs, Police Chiefs and Emergency Medical Services Chiefs of Canada to help improve public safety interoperability. This meeting is one of an ongoing series of regional workshops and ongoing research by the Canadian Police Research Centre (CPRC - http://www.css.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/cprc/index-eng.asp). CPRC is a part of the DRDC Centre for Security Science.