Registration closed as of 3/17/2014 11:30:00 PM.
(NOTE: It is a two-step registration process. Register for your Web credentials -- to gain access to a variety of interoperability-related resources -- and then register for the event once authenticated).
Download the Agenda UPDATED!
Please consider attending the following public safety interoperability events hosted by Niagara area Paramedic, Fire and Police agencies and the Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG):
CITIG Niagara Regional Forum: Open Session
Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. to noon
Location: Club Italia, 2525 Montrose Road, Niagara Falls, ON
Invited: Any representative from public safety, responder or emergency management agencies, Canadian Forces, Coast Guard, Search & Rescue, government, NGOs, utility, industry and academia interested in furthering cross border public safety communications interoperability.
The objectives of the session include:
- Increase awareness of the issue of public safety interoperability in the Niagara region;
- Present information on some of the various interoperability programs and projects currently taking place in Canada, the U.S., and regionally;
- Obtain feedback from local participants about the current interoperability situation, opportunities for information-sharing and outline next steps; and
- Discuss next steps relevant to interoperability strategic planning in the region.
Agenda topics include:
- History of CITIG, ongoing projects, current trends and issues
- Spectrum management in Canada
- Communications Interoperability Strategy for Canada and related U.S. initiatives
- 700 MHz Spectrum and what it means for your agency
- Next Generation (NG) 9-1-1 -- are you prepared?
- Provincial and regional initiatives
- Regional Interoperability Case Studies
The preliminary agenda will soon be available at www.citig.ca. The final agenda will also be available on the site and e-mailed to registered participants about a week prior to the event. Space is limited -- Register Today!
CITIG Niagara Regional Forum: Closed Session
Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Club Italia, same as above.
Cost: Also free!
By invitation only: Closed for invited public safety officials, responders, emergency management agencies, government, utilities, NGOs & academia to focus on interoperability planning at the regional level. The meeting will take a detailed look at interoperability in the region and feature facilitated sessions on development of an action plan to address the interoperability challenges existing in the region.
RSVP: If you have registered for the morning session and fit the criteria mentioned above, you will be invited to return for the afternoon session.
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group was created by the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs, Police Chiefs and Paramedic Chiefs of Canada to help improve public safety interoperability. This meeting is part of an ongoing series of regional workshops across Canada. Representatives from fire, police, paramedic and emergency management communities are urged to attend! We also welcome delegates from organizations such as, but not limited to, the Canadian Forces, Coast Guard, utilities, academia, and industry (industry can only attend the morning session).