Thursday, May 12, 2011
Eastern Daylight Time
London Emergency Operations and Training Centre
Registration closed as of 5/12/2011 12:30:00 AM.
London Regional Interoperability Meeting on May 12
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) with its valued partners -- the London Police Service and City of London -- are hosting a regional forum for those interested in furthering public safety interoperability in the London area and beyond. You are invited to join us in person on May 12, 2011.
Location: London Emergency Operations and Training Centre, 275 Boler Road, London, Ontario
Goal: To improve public safety interoperability in the London area.
Morning Open Session
Time: 9:00 a.m. to noon
Invited: Any representative from public safety, responder or emergency management agencies, government, NGOs, utility, industry and academia interested in furthering public safety communications interoperability.
- Increase awareness of the issue of public safety interoperability;
- Present information on some of the various interoperability programs and projects currently taking place regionally, provincially and in other parts of Canada;
- Outline the Call for Proposals by the Canadian Police Research Centre that may be of assistance to public safety officials in the area; and
- Obtain feedback from local participants about the current interoperability situation, opportunities for information-sharing and outline next steps.
- History of CITIG, Ongoing Projects/Call for Proposals
- Industry Canada and Spectrum Management in Canada
- Public Safety Canada to discuss the Communications Interoperability Strategy for Canada and related initiatives
- Centre for Security Sciences to discuss the Multi-Agency Situational Awareness System and related Emergency Management S&T projects
- Government Mobile Communications Branch, POINT Task Group and other Ontario Initiatives
- Regional Interoperability Case Studies
- Round table regional update
A detailed agenda will be sent out to registered participants about a week before the event. Like in the past, there will be no cost to participants associated with the meeting itself (participants are responsible for travel and/or accommodation). There will be NO teleconference option at this event. Specific inquiries can be sent to CITIGteam@cprc.org.
Afternoon CITIG Planning Meeting -- Closed Session
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Invited: Public safety officials, responders, emergency management agencies, government, utilities, NGOs & academia are invited to stay for the afternoon session to focus on public safety interoperability planning at the regional level. The meeting will take a detailed look at interoperability in the London area and feature facilitated sessions on collaboration on interoperability and on building a regional interoperability plan.
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG) was created by the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs, Police Chiefs and Emergency Medical Services Chiefs of Canada to help improve public safety interoperability. This meeting is one of an ongoing series of regional workshops and ongoing research by the Canadian Police Research Centre (CPRC - http://www.css.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/cprc/index-eng.asp). CPRC is a part of the DRDC Centre for Security Science.