Registration closed as of 11/14/2012 11:30:00 PM.
(NOTE: It is a two-step registration process. Register for your Web credentials -- to gain access to a variety of interoperability-related resources -- and then register for the event once authenticated)
Download the Agenda
Please consider attending the following public safety interoperability event hosted by Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) in collaboration with the Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group (CITIG):
1. GTAA CITIG Regional Forum: Open Session
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Time: 8:00 a.m. to noon
Cost: Free! Area partners are covering the cost of the facility rental
Location: Theatre A, Fire and Emergency Services Training Institute, Greater Toronto Airports Authority, 2025 Courtneypark Drive East, Toronto (see http://festi.ca/en/contact_us/ for a detailed map) -- ample free parking!
Invited: Any representative from public safety, responder or emergency management agencies, government, NGOs, utility, industry and academia interested in furthering public safety communications interoperability.
The objectives of the session include:
- Increase awareness of the issue of public safety interoperability;
- Present information on some of the various interoperability programs and projects currently taking place in Canada, the US, in Ontario and regionally;
- Obtain feedback from local participants about the current interoperability situation, opportunities for information-sharing and outline next steps; and
- Discuss next steps relevant to interoperability strategic planning in the GTAA region.
Agenda topics include:
- History of CITIG, Ongoing Projects, current issues
- Industry Canada and Spectrum Management in Canada
- Public Safety Canada to discuss the Communications Interoperability Strategy for Canada and related initiatives
- 700 MHz Spectrum and what it means for your agency
- About the GTAA and its Incident Management System
- Regional Interoperability Case Studies
The preliminary agenda will be available soon. The final agenda will be available on line and e-mailed to registered participants about a week prior to the event.
Space is limited -- Register Today!
2. GTAA CITIG Regional Forum: Closed Session
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Location: FESTI, same as above.
Cost: Also free!
By invitation only: Closed for invited public safety officials, responders, emergency management agencies, government, utilities, NGOs & academia to focus on public safety interoperability planning at the provincial and regional level. The meeting will take a detailed look at interoperability in the GTAA region and feature facilitated sessions on development of an action plan to address the voice interoperability challenges existing in the region. Discussion will also focus around user needs and requirements that will guide refinements to GTAA's Incident Management System.
RSVP: If you have registered for the morning session and fit the criteria mentioned above,
you will be invited to return for the afternoon session.
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) was incorporated in 1993 and manages Toronto Pearson International Airport under terms set out in our December 1996 lease with the Canadian federal government. Now in its 11th year of operating and managing Toronto Pearson, the GTAA's mandate is to ensure that the Airport's facilities and air services match the needs of the growing population of the GTA and southcentral Ontario.
The Canadian Interoperability Technology Interest Group was created by the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs, Police Chiefs and Emergency Medical Services Chiefs of Canada to help improve public safety interoperability. This meeting is part of an ongoing series of regional workshops across Canada. Representatives from fire, police, EMS and emergency management agencies are urged to attend!
See you in Toronto!